Wednesday, December 11th, 2019
Council on the Ageing (COTA) Queensland is a state-wide not for profit organisation advancing the rights, interests and futures of people as we age.
For over 60 years COTA Queensland has worked with older people to influence decision making and create positive social change. They promote older people’s rights and advocate to Government on issues that affect us all as we age.
- Contribute to an understanding of ageing enabling older people and all sectors of the community to plan for healthy ageing through education advice and activities
- Promote and engages in research which is of interest and concern to older people
- Provide older people with information that enables them to make informed choices and act on their own behalf
- Work in partnership with older Queenslanders to shape COTA’s policy and advocacy work to challenge and influence decision-makers to co-create positive social change
- Advocate giving priority to older people experiencing injustice, discrimination, disadvantage or disability
- Provide advice to governments, community organisations and businesses on how to be Age-friendly.